A snowboard binding needs to fit your style and board. Stiffer bindings support a more aggressive style, while a softer binding is more forgiving/ more easier. Depending on your skill and application area, some bindings are more suitable for you than others. The flex (soft / medium / hard) is also very important. The following information can help you with your decision.
The different binding types:
- Soft (2-strap)
- Composite / plastic
- Splitboard binding
- 2x4 compatible
- 4x4 compatible
- Channel compatible
- Beginners: flexible binding that makes cornering easier
- Advanced: Allmountain binding (a little stiffer)
- Freestyle: light and flexible freestyle binding
- Freeride: stiffer, supportive binding
- Soft Flex (1-4): ideal for beginners and freestylers
- Medium Flex (4-7): optimal for advanced and all-mountain riders. But also suitable for aggressive freestylers.
- Hard Flex (7-10): ideal for freeriders and very good snowboarders
Easy-entry or strap-in binding:
- Easy-Entry: easy and fast sliding into the binding (highback folding backwards)
- Strap-in: the boots are attached by two straps.
To see if the binding fits your board, use our set configurator and get your ideal set for an unforgettable winter.